Thursday, September 21, 2006

Sixteen and a half weeks

Four and a half inches long now, and (in my unscientific opinion) about the size of a small mango.

We just got back from a lovely week long visit with Matthew's family Manitoba who were without exception warm and supportive about our expectancy--they threw us a shower! We came back with a bunch of baby clothes, blankets, a fuzzy little bunny, and a VERY COOL DIAPER BAG MADE OUT OF OLD SEATBELTS! A lady in Matthew's hometown makes them and his mom got it for us. Mine looks a lot like this one, only my blues are a bit greyer and my greys are a bit browner--if that makes any sense.
Click on the image to check out her website. She makes other kinds of bags and purses too. Did you know that diaper bags did not have to be in pastel colours? Or quilted? Or have bunnies or ducks on them? Or that they can be made from recycled materials? I'm pretty pleased, as you can tell.

In other news I had a resurgence of NVP (nausea and vomiting of pregnancy--the technical term since morning sickness isn't really accurate, especially the morning part) this week, probably because I've been fighting a nasty sinus bug and my body isn't happy with me.

I read birth stories on the plane ride home and found myself welling up constantly. I'm not usually this "moveable." They were all natural childbirth stories, and they make me feel good about giving birth, confident that my body is made for this seemingly impossible feat, filled with wonder, and a desire to prepare myself emotionally and spiritually, and almost, almost, an eagerness to take on the challenge! I must be crazy. It's all those hormones surging through my system.

3 comments:

Amy said...

What a totally awesome bag! I am jealous! Everywhere we go people give me odd looks as I carry around a beer bag for our diaper bag.

mamachurchmouse said...

Beer bag! That works too!

Darren said...

Our bag is a cheap backpack from Zeller's. Not only does it avoid the pastels, but it's quite fundtional when going on hikes to Goldenears, like we did today.

We're not too concerned about the lack of aesthetics -- our boy more than makes up the difference.