Friday, December 29, 2006

BELLY PICTURES!

I'm almost 33 weeks pregnant now, definitely in the third trimester and have less than 2 months left till my due date.

Here are some fairly outdated pictures of my expanding belly (I'm much bigger now)...for those of you who haven't seen my belly at all...
I won't go into how impossible it has been to get pictures of my belly made available to you all.


The little amnionaut seems to be doing well: hiccuping frequently, developing an interesting relationship with my ribs, and (according to my midwife) settling into an ideal position in my womb with the head down, "just beginning to dip into my pelvis."

Yes, I waddle now. I'm hungry all the time. Swimming and pre-natal yoga are keeping me limber, relaxed, somewhat fit, and somewhat peaceful. I'm getting a little more scared, and a little more happy and excited to be a mother. I can't believe how soon it's coming...

And guess what? My baby will be Dutch! Since I am a Dutch citizen, my baby also will be able to have Dutch as well as Canadian citizenship. My happy discovery of the week.

4 comments:

Jen said...

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!! You have officially made my day.

I am sitting here with a big goofy grin on my face. Ahhhhh..... Blessings on the three of you.

Incidentally, I remember the rib relationship well. It's very odd, having someone prod you from the inside. Benno was very very persistent, to the point that it was necessary for me to push back. And he turned out fine, so I recommend a little counterpressure if things start getting really painful.

I now turn back to my thesis with a joyful heart.

Mimi said...

You look fabulous! Great belly photos!

Amy said...

You look great! I'm glad to hear things are going well. We look forward to meeting your wee onw.

Amy said...

So when is the actual due date then?