Tuesday, June 19, 2007

The Trip to Amsterdam

As many of you know, John made his first trip to Amsterdam. There is much to tell but I'm feeling rather jet-lagged. For the time being you will have to satisfy yourselves with a few pictures from the first few days of the trip. I trust you will find them edifying and come back for more in the future.


Here is John napping with dad at Heathrow Airport.

Mom threatening to send John down the slide at Amsterdam's Sarphati Park.
"I can't even walk mom!"

Chillin' in Sarphati Park. Sometimes unflattering pictures are the most real.


The view from the Mellis' apartment in Amsterdam. A beautiful city.

John and Opa. I think they're watching Nadal beat Federer.

6 comments:

Roboseyo said...

so if the little one is called the kumquat, what's the big one called? I nominate the nickname melon. Then you could call that first picture "the kumquat and the melon" which sounds like the name of a children's book.

love you!

Rob

elizabeth said...

fun pictures!!! and here i missed them for a few days; great! i cant wait to hear more... and see more... of course i look forward to seeing you all in person again sometime soon DV... John looks so big!!! like he practically looked like a diff older kid in the slide picture! wow... :)

Okanagan River Weaves said...

Wow! Dad and John at Heathrow. Let me go on record here. "It is the coolest picture in the world." Content and design.

Bless you guys.

Mariana said...

Wow, I am still shocked from receveing your comment on my blogg!!!! I was sad when realized the email adress I had from ya did not work. Even though we never spent that much time together I really cherished that little adventure of ours so much! Really Glad to have find you again.... What a beautifull family you have.

Mariana

Anonymous said...

Hellooooo! We need a fresh update ;) Nudge nudge! Also, I heard you guys are coming out in August, that'll be a treat to see you!
Amy

RW said...

I love the photo of John and Opa.